Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Assembly Occupancy - Bar/ Tap Room

RB+B Architects
August 23, 2018

Can someone confirm which version of BOMA should be used to measure an Assembly (A-2) Occupancy; In this case, a Bar/ Taproom? I'm not sure where the 'hospitality' use fits in with the Office and Retail options available. Thank you

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
August 24, 2018

Hi Ben,

It depends on the building type and how the building is used primarily. If this is a bar within an office building, then the Office Standard applies. If it is part of a retail strip plaza or shopping mall, then use the retail standard.

Please provide more information about the building.

Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.