Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

IGA at Ext Wall

Rhonda Rezac
January 5, 2017

Where do you draw the IGA when you have an exterior wall that is mainly glass - except small portions where there is a column and the enclosure around the column exceeds the column width? There is no option to change that enclosure to only go around the column (and say it extends about 2 feet each side of the column).

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
January 9, 2017

Hi Rhonda,

The vertically dominant portion is the IGA. By your description, it sounds like it is the glazing. Columns are ignored, so your IGA line would go right through the column. We would have to see this on a plan to provide a more definitive answer to your question.


Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.