Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Face of glass/ face of wall

Todd Lariviere
Genesis Design Associates
June 27, 2016

In reading the BOMO book, I am unclear on where to transition from glass to wall. I have a wood constructed building with double hung and casement windows. Do I continue the inside finished face of the wall over to the exposed edge of glass? Do I transition between the two at the edge of the window frame?

Thank you,


David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
July 21, 2016

Hi Todd,

You follow the vertically dominant line which in most cases means your measure line goes in and out to and from the window glazing and inside finished surface of the exterior wall. When measuring to the glazing, we normally include the window frames.


Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.