Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Unenclosed pipes

Eve Bois
ALAG inc
July 8, 2015

What should I do with a group of pipes (passing through an opening in the slab above or below) unenclosed in a floor (or building) service area? Should I draw a box around them and consider the area a Major vertical penetration? Or leave them in the service area?

Thank you in advance for your answer

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
July 8, 2015

The area of a Major Vertical Penetration must be enclosed by walls. Leave the space they take up as common area or tenant area depending on where they reside.


Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.