Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Bank Occupied/owned PLUS Tenant Office

Mary Lawrence
Dimensions Floorplans, LLC
April 23, 2015

We have a building that is owned and occupied by a bank. They have 53% of the building and rent the rest out to various tenants as office space. There is a second level on the tenant side. Should I use Retail standard for the Bank portions and office standards for the rest? There is also a conference room and kitchenette as well as bathrooms, etc. shared by the entire building as common/amenity areas. Your advice is greatly apreciated!
Mary Lawrence
Dimensions Floorplans, LLC
Austin, Texas

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
June 24, 2015

Hi Mary,

Generally, you should choose the most appropriate standard for the building as a whole. If the building is primarily for office use (50% or more) than use the Office Standard. If the building is primarily used for Retail than use the Retail Standard.

Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.