Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Dominant Portion in reguards to finished surface

Brad Wendt
Northwest Hospital and Medical Center
April 28, 2014

I am measuring a medical office building for a tenant and we are discussing dominant portion of the wall. The definition states "portion of the inside FINISHED SURFACE of the permanent outer building wall". The question would be is the inside finished surace of the outer wall be the origianl building "concrete" before the wall was furred out or do I measure to the inside finished furred out drywall?

Thank you for the help

Adam Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
April 28, 2014

Hi Brad,

Generally speaking, the "finished surface" refers to drywall or window glazing (in the event it is dominant).

Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.