- Iwan Kuntjoro
- Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership
- July 3, 2012
I have a few questions to ask, as follow:
1. I'm looking at a retail space planning for a client and am wondering when an entry vestibule is required by energy code, will that space used for the vestibule be counted in the GLA or not?
2. Per Illustration 5 in the ANSI/BOMA Z65.5-2010, Major Vertical Penetration that are surrounded by GLA will include it's enclosing walls excluded from the GLA, unless it adjoin common area (which enclosing walls are included in GLA). In a scenario where a MVP adjoin a demising wall between units, but not adjoin any common area, should I include the enclosing walls in the GLA or not?
3. When an exterior store front system (which is the dominant portion of the wall) is inset from the exterior wall finish (ex. brick finish), would the lease line measured to the face of the brick or to the face of glass?
4. Also, similar scenario where an exterior wall (EIFS) have a 3' high base wall that is thicker that the wall itself (brick finish), would the lease line measured to the finish face of the brick or EIFS?
Thank you for your time and attention.