Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Construction Gross Area Clarification

Dominic Tremblay
November 17, 2011


I need to get the CGA of a building that has a colonnade area on the ground floor. The special case for this building is that half of the colonnades suspending the building is located in habour water and the other half on solid ground. Should the CGA include the full colonnade area or only the section above solid ground?

Thank you!

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
November 21, 2011

The CGA should include the full colonnade in this case.

Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.