Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Single tenant

Gary Sundvick
Butler Sundvick
October 28, 2015

I have a client that has a 3 storey office building which will be leased to a single tenant. For leasable floor area can we include all major vertical penetrations within the building?

In other words could we use the exterior gross area of the building for the leasable area?

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
October 28, 2015

Hi Gary,

You can use the Exterior Gross Area in the BOMA Gross Areas Standard as long as it has been agreed to by all parties involved.

Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.