Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Which standard?

Beth Morris
November 18, 2013

What is the proper BOMA Standard to use for a nightclub? Retail or Office? It is a leased space in a multi-tenant building (residential above) in an urban area. There is no shared core or common areas, and only the area of the nightclub needs to be measured.
Thank you,

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
November 19, 2013

Hi Beth,

If there is no office component in the building, I would use the BOMA retail standard.

Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.