Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Using Gross Building Area in a Single Tenant Building

Guest User
Guest Company
November 5, 2009

Can a single tenant, one story building have its Rentable Area measured as Gross Building Area, measured to the OUTSIDE walls?

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
November 5, 2009

The BOMA 1996 measuring standard (ANSI/BOMA Z65.1-1996) does allow the rentable area of a single tenant office building to be measured to the outside walls (Gross Building Area). Single story is irrelevant. It is important to note that all parties involved must agree to this method.

Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.